A question on curing chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
904
Points
0
Location
Invercargill, New Zealand, New Zealand
Hey people. When curing does it matter if the chamber doenst run continuously???
I mean I run mine for a few hours a day then stop it as it just sucks the power. Will this affect the final product?
 

LeftyRighty

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2011
Messages
516
Points
63
Location
west central MO
for a ferenting chamber, probably not a problem - just may take a couple weeks longer to get the full effect. Loss of heat will not be a big deal, as long as the humidity not too high. Don't allow it to get too wet or mold may occur.
 

Seanz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
904
Points
0
Location
Invercargill, New Zealand, New Zealand
What kind of curing chamber?
Fridge for ageing in

for a ferenting chamber, probably not a problem - just may take a couple weeks longer to get the full effect. Loss of heat will not be a big deal, as long as the humidity not too high. Don't allow it to get too wet or mold may occur.
Cheers I keep an eye on himidity
 

BarG

Founding Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
5,120
Points
113
Location
Texas, Brazos Vally
If you use a crockpot on a water heater thermostat it should not run full time with a good seal on the door, and you can maintain temp and humidity.
 

Seanz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
904
Points
0
Location
Invercargill, New Zealand, New Zealand
I got a crock pot but havent sourced A thermastat yet. So just been checking very often and controling by turning on and off the power, hence the massive usage. I need to get me one of those thermastats Havent had much luck finding one yet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top