Boboro's 2013 grow log.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGBAMA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
4,418
Points
63
Location
NORTH ALABAMA
Thinking of starting seedlings in the kiln next year. Add a light and timer......instant ideal growing conditions.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
Spent the day workin at my aunts day lilly farm. Old folks will work the hell outta ya. She's got ppl. comein from outta state and needed help cleanin beds. I hope she sells half of them.
 

Brown Thumb

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
4,060
Points
113
Location
Pa
Nice, I am going to get some for my Wife for My birthday coming up.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
She had to have a hip replacement and got behind on the weedin. I have exprence in those type gardens. Its a lot of work ,just the job for me.
 

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Messages
4,631
Points
83
Location
FLORIDA
i bet she's very appreative for what you did,,,,

sound's like a good deed, done,
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
She pays good but cant find nobody that cares about that kinda work. I like the work and to learn about stuff I don't know. Flower gardenen ant for pansies. 97 F. And in the sun most of the day.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I didn't think I was ever goin to finish that job. Now back to the backer patch. I had sprayed round up on my grassy patch last weekend and weedwacked it yesterday. Im putting down treflan today and pullin stumps. I got some suckers ready to cut and some of my grow out plants. Is it better to leave the seed head on the plant or dry it seprate.
 

Boboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2011
Messages
4,530
Points
83
Location
Wren Mississippi
I looked real close at them. They have a lot of green pods and none of the brown ones have fell off or lost much seed. I think Ill wait to cut them. the leaf is very ripe if I take them off how many shoud I leave?
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,546
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
My impression has been that once you have full seed pods, even if they are still green, removing all the leaf has no visible impact.

Bob
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Can the thin leafy covering over some of the seed pods still be green if the pod itself is brown? Is that how to tell if they are ready? Does anyone have a picture of a seed head right before harvesting the seed head?
 

workhorse_01

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2012
Messages
1,959
Points
0
Location
Waycross,Ga.
You can harvest them then but let them finish drying. (until the pod splits in to two halves) If you try to separate them while the outside thin pod wrapper is green they are immature and will stick to the inside.
Can the thin leafy covering over some of the seed pods still be green if the pod itself is brown? Is that how to tell if they are ready? Does anyone have a picture of a seed head right before harvesting the seed head?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top