FantomBadger's First Attempt at Tobacco

bbfarmky

Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Messages
22
Points
13
Location
Lebanon, Kentucky
We’ve done this. Should help with aeration and drainage.

View attachment 61199

Now just after we watered it looks like rain is coming. My luck has been terrible predicting the rain.

We used spade forks as well, smaller hand forks around the basins.

Now you’ve started something, never seem a broad fork before in my life. I need one.
From the looks of your soil, it seems to have a heavy clay content. If that is so, get a beefy broadfork. They are not all created equal. The Gulland brand (here in the U.S.) has a heavy duty model that has gussets bent and welded in to provide extra strength. Maybe other brands have that too, I don’t know. But I do know they make a world of difference.

1791470198608.jpeg
 

FantomBadger

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2025
Messages
46
Points
53
Location
Lusaka, Zambia
Learning more and quicker than I want to. Look what showed up today, about 12 of them and only on the bigger broadleafs.

IMG_4164.jpeg

Is it tuta absoluta? And how do I kill them? Mechanical as always, but the bios are not holding up on my new mostly untreated and poorly planned beds.
 
Top