Monte Calme Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvick003

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
149
Points
0
Location
Eastern Virginia
Does anyone have any experience growing and smoking Monte Calme Yellow? It looks to have large leaves and be pretty thick so it seems like it could be a good variety for cigar filler/binder. How is the flavor and workability?
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,547
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
Mont Calme Yellow was derived (in Switzerland, I believe) from a Burley variety. Mont Calme Brun was derived from Havana. I have only had experience with the latter. It's leaves were huge, light colored after curing, and fairly mild.

Bob
 

dvick003

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
149
Points
0
Location
Eastern Virginia
Mont Calme Yellow was derived (in Switzerland, I believe) from a Burley variety. Mont Calme Brun was derived from Havana. I have only had experience with the latter. It's leaves were huge, light colored after curing, and fairly mild.

Bob

Any idea where I can find some Monte Calme Brun? I would be interested in growing it...
 

Jitterbugdude

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
4,266
Points
113
Location
Northeast Maryland
Does anyone have any experience growing and smoking Monte Calme Yellow? It looks to have large leaves and be pretty thick so it seems like it could be a good variety for cigar filler/binder. How is the flavor and workability?

Do an FTT search for "monte calme" there is quite a bit of info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top