my virgin attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekylnz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
1,357
Points
48
Location
Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
DSC_0430.jpgTryed rolling one today,its definitely all fingers and thumbs to start...I haven't made it out of any decent wrapper tho,its mostly Havana,its not as big as some iv been seeing on here,im not to keen on having a massive branch hanging out of my mouth.
Todd
 

jekylnz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
1,357
Points
48
Location
Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
I found wetting it abit makes it a way better finish,and molds to the end nice. I use the brass cap off a 12g bullet to cut it.it doesn't take much to get a sharp rim on them,cheers guys
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Very nice first attempt. I think you're an old pro already. They just keep getting better. A 3/4" copper plumbing coupling makes a nice cutter for caps also, but needs to be sharpened.
 

marksctm

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2012
Messages
451
Points
0
Location
South West Ohio
Very nice first attempt. I think you're an old pro already. They just keep getting better. A 3/4" copper plumbing coupling makes a nice cutter for caps also, but needs to be sharpened.
That looks great Todd, good job.
Hell! I use the bottom of a pill bottle for a cap cutter if I cap, but I mostly roll and smoke.
 

jekylnz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
1,357
Points
48
Location
Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
I seen tempbond's photos of his stog. toys and cutting tubes made from copper( or brass) pipe sharpened...but I dont know if I'll need as many to the largest size he has ..they're massive!!those would give ya jaw cramp wouldn't they..lol:eek: but I might go have a look at hardware store and get some brass or copper pipe for a few more size options.
Chris I wouldn't usually care about the mouth piece and cap either if ur gunna just smokw em,but I thought id give it a go to complete the whole process so it looks pretty for the boys to judge and make sure im on the right track.
Here's a pick of my cap cuttersiDSC_0432.jpgI figured I might as well use this copper pipe and just cut it into 5 different sizes,wateva work- cheapest
 
Last edited:

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Cheers man,my Mrs said"now hes giving u a big head",,done with no mold press,just roll in paper for couple hours

JMG had a good idea. Once he had his binder on, he wrapped his tightly in aluminum foil for awhile before putting on the wrapper. I called it the redneck cigar press.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Yeah it works just as good,I suppose paper is wood once u wrap enough of it around,its a pretty solid form

That's true. And alot cheaper than aluminum foil. Do you use old newspaper or just whatever is laying around?
 

jekylnz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2013
Messages
1,357
Points
48
Location
Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
That's true. And alot cheaper than aluminum foil. Do you use old newspaper or just whatever is laying around?

Na just stuff like the kids school news letters,hah,ha,old letters,A4,or,wateva& abit of masking tape 2 hold it.,News papers probably not to good with all the formaldehyde in it,it was never any good wen I use to use it 4 drying weed,it seemed to bind the moisture with the resins,and make it smell like mowed lawn clipping,& taste like shyte,so I've always avoided using it 4 anything like this
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top