Steve's 2nd outdoor grow

Stevea

Active Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
36
Points
33
Location
USA
Well after a lot of trial and error, work and a vacation im off to now.......bellow is the best I can do. Im frustrated as I think some leaves already have flash cured but Ill still wait until the end of September to really see if the stems or leaves are still green. I have tried controlling the airflow, humidity and shade to the best I can. Super frustrated as I thought my 3rd attempt would be so much better. I was trying for a consistent and steady temp and humidity. I guess I could try stalk curing a few plants I have left or maybe stringing leaves instead of the hands I tied together and strung up. Thoughts anyone ?

IMG_7481.jpg
 

Stevea

Active Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
36
Points
33
Location
USA
I have stead humidity around 80% and temperature around 70-80 during my color curing. During my air curing I have fan circulating with temp and humidity in the mid 70's. I have left this one color curing for too long below. The white is fuzzy which from other pictures looks like mold. I also have clusters of small black spots that are circular on this and other leaves. I tired looking around and I think some have frog eye spots as well. I threw away the ones that had the white mold. To my knowledge those are the only ones that I wouldn't want to smoke down the road.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7674.jpg
    IMG_7674.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 13

Stevea

Active Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
36
Points
33
Location
USA
I had to play around with the different temperatures I was dealing with but it's starting to look better. Color curing the leaves in a cardboard box with a wet towel. Rotating them daily. After a few days color curing I hanging them in a large cardboard box on a wire. I have a fan circulating air inside and I open that large box daily to let fresh air in.
 

Attachments

  • AUG23.jpg
    AUG23.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 18
  • AUG233.jpg
    AUG233.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 18

Stevea

Active Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2019
Messages
36
Points
33
Location
USA
So from my many mistakes are the first group of pictures. No color curing using the towel method, fluctuating humidity and to making hands right away. These are at about 2 months since hung. My question is are they worth kilning. Some just look a pail yellow. Some are darker with noticeable green or very few green spots. Some are awful looking which I wouldn’t use that are green/brown mix.

Leaves from outside
Close up here

These leave below are from inside my garage. I towel cured these, ran a wire through the stem, have a circulating fan with vent holes, open it daily for fresh air and have a very consistent humidity. These are at about a 1 and 1/2 month. The stems have a stale kinda dried fee not brittle. 1 or 2 have a little mold but it’s only where they were harvested and not all over. I was just going to cut it out.

Inside

I was planning on waiting until mid/late October to kiln them.
 

johnny108

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2023
Messages
1,219
Points
113
Location
Germany
I’ve had kilning darken leaves, and even get rid of some of the green- it’s worth trying, to see if they can be salvaged.
 
Top