DGBAMA
Well-Known Member
Found an indoor/outdoor weather monitor that shows temp and humidity. Says good up to 160 deg. Thinking I could place the outdoor sensor inside the chamber. Any thoughts?
These units communicate by radio waves. Put your transmitter inside your kiln and see if it does talk to the reciever. If your kiln is an old fridge, steel skin, like mine it may not work. If your kiln is wood or foam walls it should work well. As a caution -- high humidity may eventually kill it.Found an indoor/outdoor weather monitor that shows temp and humidity. Says good up to 160 deg. Thinking I could place the outdoor sensor inside the chamber. Any thoughts?
I bought this one: http://www.theweatherstore.com/nicerehyth41.html
I really like it. Cost $70 though.
The other thing I like about it is that it will record highs and lows for any period after you hit Reset.I like the looks and operation of that one. The probe would be great, batteries, most electronics, etc. stay outside the kiln.
The other thing I like about it is that it will record highs and lows for any period after you hit Reset.
I am up and test running. Will start a new thread. Styrofoam kiln. Not as precise as I would like but I think it will do well.
Daaaang. That was fast. Looking forward to the thread.
We discuss any variety of tobacco, as well as numerous approaches to growing, harvesting, curing, and finishing your crop. Our members will attempt to provide experience-based answers to your questions.