drum roll please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
1,169
Points
63
Location
Groblersdal, South Africa
Webmost.
Smoked the FXS maduro this evening, sort of a goodbye cigar to my old house. Very nice, but it gave me a real nicotine rush. Definitely stronger than my cigars, but nice. Spicy after tones. Thanks for that.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Webmost.
Smoked the FXS maduro this evening, sort of a goodbye cigar to my old house. Very nice, but it gave me a real nicotine rush. Definitely stronger than my cigars, but nice. Spicy after tones. Thanks for that.
Yep. They have a kick. I should send you the Shade wrapped. Much milder. One of my faves actually has a bugger kick -- the White Orchid. A strong strong floral aromatic little thing. Love 'em; even though they have a paper wrapper. Make you dizzy.

Hope your ostrich sticks get here.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
You know how you read these cigar reviews and they say "tastes like leather"? Ever wonder where they get that simile? Here's where:

AZDave.jpg


Second from the right is the model which I stuck in the picture. The other five are from ArizonaDave. Along with two pieces of leather! One being the backdrop in this pic. Dave. Dewd. What's with the two leather pieces?

Here's the one which impresses me most:
AZDave2.jpg


Firm throughout, tapers up, has that bulb, then flares after the bulb. Only thing is, it's smaller than the model. Otherwise, looks better in person than in the pic.

Never in my life saw a flat headed cigar until yesterday; and now here's two flat head batches in two days. Weird.

AZ Dave's little one smells like it has some scent on it. Course, they all share the same scent, after sharing several days in the same bag; but I think it may be coming from that one. Maybe vanilla. His little yellow one says Nicaraguan Habano Seco filler; Turkish Prelep wrapper. The big honker just says #15. The slim doodle says Aleman Piloto Cubano. The bigger yellow one says Turquoise. These guys must own as many flavors of tobacco as I do cigars.

Week and a half away from judgement day. Mad O'Shea lying in the weeds, bragging on his four horsemen of the apocalypse or three stooges or seven samurai or whatever he calls it. Better get it in gear Mad, man, and mail them guys off. Post office has two packages from South Africa strapped to two sea turtles swimming this way. Hope for a tailwind so they get here on time. Other than that we got three guys from cigar.com who I think gave up soon as they saw FTT prowess.

I wanna smoke 'em.
 

Attachments

  • AZDave2.jpg
    AZDave2.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 85

DGBAMA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
Messages
4,418
Points
63
Location
NORTH ALABAMA
You are going to have a heck of a birthday, if all the nicotine doesn't remove it from your memory.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
You are not to scare them off! We want them in this roll. LOL Nice sticks Men! I wan't to be with web for the burn.. Lost three contenders to buddies.( Got pics.) LOL Butt- My sticks have got to go in the mail tomm. Any way sending the five brouthers grim with the contender and a card. The 8th is too close to hold off any more. Hope every one is there? Stag nite was a hit with the sticks. Mad- Sorry so stealth LOL and thanks for getting in Dave. It's been a blast! I am not a torsador, but a pipe and cig. Guy. Fun Fun Fun.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
Had to go out for a new pc today, Found one to run My crap. I am on a lap top from next door to post. Went to the Albuquerque post office(main hub) to send the grims. CLOSED( Sat)- So in the morn. will go to UPS so they will be there on time. When I get the new tower in line this week, I will post the pics. of what was lost to guys having fun with a nice smoke on Me. There is not a stick on on this blog I would not enjoy flaming up! Mad-
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Had to go out for a new pc today, Found one to run My crap. I am on a lap top from next door to post. Went to the Albuquerque post office(main hub) to send the grims. CLOSED( Sat)- So in the morn. will go to UPS so they will be there on time. When I get the new tower in line this week, I will post the pics. of what was lost to guys having fun with a nice smoke on Me. There is not a stick on on this blog I would not enjoy flaming up! Mad-
Closed on Saturday. They musta seen you coming.

USPS two day priority mail is cheaper than ups and gets here in four days... sometimes three.

Rolled up a new batch of perfectos last night. In the press now. Be ready for their wrappers by Monday night.

Went to test ride a new bike down in Dover. Took Bearswatter and the dog. Found a new ice cream place on the way back. A decent day all around.

Onward and upward.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
Omygawd. Guys. Guys. Wait till you see this:


indianamac.jpg



Arrived from IndianaMac today. Big old fatties. Firm packed and even throughout. Wrapped so nicely you can't hardly find the seam. I stuck the Punch drumstick second from left into the picture just to show what the model was. The other three are his. I don't say IndianaMac got the shape or size exact. I do affirm his unsurpassed artistry. All the way down to bands. One says "Pilotofina". The other says "Cofjero". No idea what that means. Indianamac, clue us in what these two bands mean, and also why the third one doesn't have a band.

But here, right here is the kewl part:


flatcap.jpg



A flat cap? Yes sir ree mac. Cooler than the other side of the pillow. Never saw that before. Check out the one with a hat band:


hatband.jpg



Is that cool? Now check out this close up:


cofjero.jpg



Holy moly? Does that ever look tasty? I'm reaching for matches just looking at it. Check out the box press, too. It's a genuine box press. This fatty was too big for the box, and so the box pressed the sides flat en route. Outstanding.


I wish you brothers could be here to admire Indianamac's artistry in person. A picture does not do them justice. I wish you could smell them! Cripes! Once this is done, I am going to smoke the livingschidtoutta these bad boys. Yes I am. Anyone want to trek on down to Dull-Aware we can admire them together and fire 'em up.


Indianamac. Hoosier Daddy.
When I seen the box press in the one stick, It made Me think to make a mold for this type of roll, pressed box. Like a coffin. I am makeing a mold for the stick We are shooting for, made so many now that when I roll a panatela- it comes out drum stick.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Are you still looking at the Hondas?
Yes. Bearswatter and I drove down to Dover yesterday with the pup. I test rode am NC700X. Love the undersquare slow-turning engine, all low end torque. Love the super low center of gravity. Solid ride with a nimble feel. Here's the deal, tho: dang thing has a rude rev limiter that kicks in at 6500 rpm. Seems to flat out turn off fuel injection. Feels like a truck's jake brake. So you get in behind a slowpoke, kick her down a gear and pull left to get by, then halfway by the engine cuts out. Not exactly safe. They are coming out with an NC750X (available already in Canada and Europe) where this has been solved. Gears are taller and the rev limiter is more gradual. Think I'll wait for that.

Why? You into murdercycles Knuck?
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
When I seen the box press in the one stick, It made Me think to make a mold for this type of roll, pressed box. Like a coffin. I am makeing a mold for the stick We are shooting for, made so many now that when I roll a panatela- it comes out drum stick.

The box press is pressed in the box, not the mold. Just stuff them too tight in an old cigar box. That's what does the trick. Just like it says: box pressed.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
The box press is pressed in the box, not the mold. Just stuff them too tight in an old cigar box. That's what does the trick. Just like it says: box pressed.
That I under stand. How to pack them as to the head and foot to square off with the drum stick style of this roll? I have seen cigar boxes shaped in the half moon, but the sticks are round. A square head and foot wound be real cool to look at and show. That is why I said mold. The shape would be hard to pack all sides square. going to give her a try. Mad- Package in the mail Monday Prior.post. No place open to send. It may out run the sea turtles. Triumph 750 Bonny is My choice of bike.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,538
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
Square pressed cigars are always parejos (parallel). The pressing is accomplished with a shallow, flat tray into which 20 cigars are barely squeezed in a single row, single layer. A "lid" is then pressed into the tray, causing all the cigars to become squarish.

I suppose you could make a tray to hold 10 or fewer cigars, but the fewer the cigars, the more exact your rolling has to be to fit just right. You could also follow your suggestion of head-to-foot, alternating cigars for tapered ones. Seems it would be tricky.

Box pressed cigars (actually pressed within the multi-layered, filled, final cigar box) gives you some odd shapes. Flamenco, in the Canaries, used to do them that way. Sometimes I could find a few triangular cigars in a box of Flamencos.

Bob

EDIT: Now that I think about them, the Flamenco cigars were tapered at both ends, so only the mid 2/3 of the cigar was pressed.
 

Knucklehead

Moderator
Founding Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
12,777
Points
113
Location
NE Alabama
Why? You into murdercycles Knuck?

I like anything with an engine. I like them better if they go fast. I've never had a street bike, I had dirt bikes growing up but I do enjoy riding. I have a four wheeler now but it's a tool instead of a toy and isn't as fun as a motorcycle.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Nowadays they have dirt bikes that go in the street, and street bikes that go in the dirt. Like Buffy Bullfrog here:

marylandoverlook.jpg



She's my favorite.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Mad O'Shea is an artist. That's what I think.


Everyone else sends their contest entry in a plastic bag in a cardboard box. Not Mad. Sends his in this:
madbox.jpg




The two decorative bands above are velcro holding the box shut. The center black rectangle is fabrick inset into the box. The box itself is made of some pressboard material.
I open up, here's this black leaf mustache on a foam piece.
madstache.jpg


I lift that, and now here are what Mad call the five brothers Grimm, and two other riders..

madgrimms.jpg

madbest.jpg





... and tell me that one doesn't look pretty ding close.I don't say it's a smooth job. I do say it's getting close to size and shape.


Here it is again:
drumstickmadbest.jpg


Mad O'Shea. Mad skillz.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Another entry from the other site:
drumstickroland.jpg


A Brother of the Leaf named Roland did that. His first attempt. Roll on Roland.

It's fun to think that a year ago that's about how I rolled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top