drum roll please

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Webmost don`t take the piss!!!
I would be more than willing to take your sage advice, Ben, despite it seems at first blush insalubrious, but for the fact that I already relaxed my morning wood in the shower before sitting down to read forum posts. Don't let on to Bearswatter where I ease it.
Iv`e got to point the pigeon in the right direction.
We have a proverb here: We aim to please; you aim too, please. But this is the first time I've heard it called a pigeon.
I presume Neward is in the Usa!!!Remember I live in Africa.
That's Newark, the one in Delaware, which takes pride in being the first of these United States to have signed the Constitution, wee peanut of a state that we are.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
I speak to Maddog every now and then on Whatsapp, he`s a long distance lorry driver, don`t know where he stands with the drumstick rolling, will contact him.
Must be a frantic task, this herding little parrots.

Deluxe the British invasion is a sore point here in SA, well was anyway. The only way the Poms could beat us was to burn our farms and emprisson our woman and children. The heaviest defeat the British Royal Marines ever got in its history is from the South African comandos, thats why today the Royal Marines have comandos, Churchill established the comandos after he saw how effective they were.A bit of history
But luckely that`s in the past.
The way we deal with resentment in my family ... well, we just can't figure out which resentment ought to come first. Great Grandma was a Blackfoot squaw. Grandma descended from the Hessians the Brits brought to subdue us. Grandpa descended from the Welsh the Hessians were sent to subdue. The other Grandma, we stole her island from Spain. Her old man, Italy got in there somehows. I'm leaving out the French, Dutch, Scots, and English.

When you are a mix of all the world, you don't know where to start, so you just shrug it all off.

I love Winnie's first hand description of a cavalry charge when he was in the war. Trepidation, tumult, confusion, in quick order.
 

Bigdog

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2014
Messages
83
Points
18
Location
Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, South Africa
I'm still kicking and all. I have made a few practice rolls, but haven't send anything yet because I wanted to compare with the sample. I am going to send a "blind" roll based on photo's and description, Web can you please pm me your addres.
 

SteveSatch

Active Member
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
44
Points
0
Webmost has real skill. His cigars are beautiful. The first two cigars in the pic are his and the bottom one is my attempt to copy his double perfecto. No way I could copy his drumstick.

 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Webmost has real skill. His cigars are beautiful. The first two cigars in the pic are his and the bottom one is my attempt to copy his double perfecto. No way I could copy his drumstick.


Whoa! No. I didn't roll that drumstick. I bought a bundle of twenty off cigar.com. They are made by Punch. The knobbly perfectos yes.

My ultimate goal is the Uppowoc Breva

About to try your Medio Picante blend next; soon as I can find two minutes to spare. See what kind of tasty they roll up. High hopes.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Big Dog, Ben Brand, you two got to get your entries in the mail right away. There's only three weeks left. At the rate the mail is crawling between here and there, we got to cross our fingers they will even arrive before my birthday. Don't worry: I'll adjust the judging to account for no example. Flavor is good for extra points too. Drop them in the mail today.

... and to think when I started this I thought I'd allowed more than ample time, just in case.
 

quo155

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
259
Points
0
Location
NE Texas, USA
webmost...just wanted to add that you're doing a fantastic job hosting this contest...on two separate forums...with people from all over the world...props to you!
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Well, will you look at this:

buck4.jpg


Arrived today from Vancouver. The dark one is the Punch drumstick model. The light one is Buck's roll. Holy Hannah.

Here's a real close-up pic:

buck1.jpg

Got to get up close so I can show a few blemishes so everyone else doesn't just get discouraged and give up.Yep. Bucj. Man with the golden hands.

I like the two-toned cap. I've been thinking of making my next batch of perfectos with a two toned foot.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
Well I have pics of three of My continders being fiered up! (not by choice) but fun to watch! I have the "FIVE BROUTHERS GRIM) to send with My entery. With the three sisters to boot! They will be on time. No pics till Ben is in and the last contendor is in please. My roll is on Knucks along with My leaf, Every smoke is different.Mad- This is a blast folks. Say webmost- Have the folks vote on the pics. while You enjoy the burn?
 

Brown Thumb

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
4,060
Points
113
Location
Pa
Wow nice stick. Job well done. And you wonder why I hid in the closet.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
No- not that. I wan't every one to know that when You step up, Have fun. And Yes-- I will post pics. on this roll as well as webs turds to post that I send. I will post pics. sent on all of My rolls for this Man to print and enjoy His birthday. Got to get everyone in first.(Ben) (OK WEB)? Don't post My pics. till every one is in! Knuck's is watching this- LOL What a mess I have here, A thing that looks like a turd without being in a box. HA-HA! Mad Oshea- Great sticks folks- I printed all contenders pics. and blew them up to frame... GREAT JOB! MAD-MAN .Now this is a PS to web, Did You roll one to post???? Love to see one after seeing the stick You sent Sir. KUDOS Sir!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top