drum roll please

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Hot Dog big Buck! What do they put in the water up there in Vancouver! Those two looks like aces!

Shoot them on over to me pronto. I want to smoke these fine rascals.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Deluxe, I can't find that second sheet metal pattern anywheres. But I do have a plan. It's such a fine late spring day out that I am going to hop on a murdersickle and ride a couple hours over to McSherrystown, where the FX Smiths Sons factory is. I am sure I can talk him into letting me make a tracing off one of his machine dies. Or maybe just whack a paper pattern with it. Sounds like a fun project for a beautiful Saturday, dunnit? Two hours out winding thru Pennsyltucky hills and dales. Get smacked in the face with that wonderful tobacco odor (after a century and a half, believe me, that building is so redolent that the walls are dyed brown... not making that up). Then fool with some century old machinery left over from the heyday of the American industrial revolution. Then a couple hours back with the sun shining hard. Stop at a BBQ place I know of in the countryside. This is what weekends were invented for.

Wish me luck brothers. I'm about to have more fun than any human has the right to.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,535
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA
Buck,
Beautiful cigars. That dark one would never make it out my door.

Webmost,
Snap a pic or two of the cigar rolling machines.

Bob
 

buck

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
632
Points
63
Location
Vancouver BC Canada
Hot Dog big Buck! What do they put in the water up there in Vancouver! Those two looks like aces!

Shoot them on over to me pronto. I want to smoke these fine rascals.

No no no .. I only rolled the brown one, the black one is the sample that you sent which I put side by side to compare when I took the pic.
Did I miss the part where we need to submit two of them ?? I thought one was enough ?

If I need to roll another I'll do it but dam this was very frustrating and time consuming. I thought it would be fun :)
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
No no no .. I only rolled the brown one, the black one is the sample that was sent which I put side by side to compare when I took the pic.
Did I miss the part where we need to submit two of them ?? I thought one was enough ?

If I need to roll another I'll do it but dam this was very frustrating and time consuming. I thought it would be fun :)
I rolled a family of five, all at diferent lengths. I guess I will roll somemore today. However My wraper is Va. Bright. I don't have any Sumatra. But I don't mind if webmost don't. I hope My rolls are as good as Your's buck? Nice work. This is a hard roll for Me as well. I usualy roll panatela. delux would have Me beat hands down. And yes, this is a very hard one to roll without a mold. Nice sticks, I think I am starting to like them over the straight stick.
 

SteveSatch

Active Member
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
44
Points
0
Now I'm reading reviews of Punch Champions! I really like the flavor of Villazon brand cigars (Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, Excalibur, El Rey del Mundo, Consuegra).
 

buck

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
632
Points
63
Location
Vancouver BC Canada
My second attempt and last. I spent way too many hours trying to get this just right.

View attachment 11094

Sorry for the confusion with the pic, the bottom one is my roll, the top is the sample one sent. I'll try to roll another this weekend and I hope I can duplicate if not improve on my next attempt.​


Sorry for the confusion with the pic, the bottom one is my roll, the top is the sample one sent. I'll try to roll another this weekend and I hope I can duplicate if not improve on it.
I haven't finished the cap either and have never rolled a cigar with a cap.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
Sorry for the confusion with the pic, the bottom one is my roll, the top is the sample one sent. I'll try to roll another this weekend and I hope I can duplicate if not improve on my next attempt.​



Sorry for the confusion with the pic, the bottom one is my roll, the top is the sample one sent. I'll try to roll another this weekend and I hope I can duplicate if not improve on it.
I haven't finished the cap either and have never rolled a cigar with a cap.
Say buck, If You seen My sticks You would bust out. The leaf I tried to use is a heavy veined and grainy texture. The leaf I need is Conneticut Broad Leaf- For the binder and Sumatra for the wraper. Both of which I do not have LOL. I tried Stag today and Chuck does not have whole leaf for cigars, just pipe and cig. types for shread. I may have to enter with what I have so far. The only whole leaf in this area is what I have on the plants I have growing. The way they look is needing body putty and a good black coat of paint to hide the veins. HA HA. Going to try to get some now befor the time is up-Mad-
 

Indianamac

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2013
Messages
397
Points
28
Location
Central Indiana
My second attempt and last. I spent way too many hours trying to get this just right.

Yep! Thay's what he's look'n for. Looks pretty damn close, if not spot on. I'd say you and Ben are the front runners so far. These particular styles, take a little more time to roll. I think I will keep practicing!!!!


Great look'n stick. You also Ben! I like yours too..
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Yeah, you fooled me Buck. Eyes not they used to be.
Yep, one's enough.

Got your perfecto patterns Deluxe. Didn't snap your pics tho, cause I was on the road by the time you posted that. Not to fear: I will be out there again with a video camera, hopefully this summer, cause I want to catch the antique machinery in action. I'll trace out your patterns this weekend and shoot them out to you.

Hey, I been mailing left and right so fast I have the feeling I left someone out and can't remember who. Anyone I promised to who hasn't got whatever I promised by a week from now please shoot me a reminder. Getting old I guess.... Yeah, sixty six old is what.

Bout you Charlize Theron fans? You still never got squat in the mail, down there in Earth's azzle?

What a great day for a ride!

Tomorrow I take the big beemer bagger out early to the park. There's a triathlon gonna run ride and swim down starting early morning by the pond, and I pledged to tote a judge thru the bike race on the back of my murdersickle. I've done this a lot of times before and it's always fun.
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
My guns are loaded now. The leaf I need are in the works as I type. Not going to post a pic as of yet, but I will have My entry ready for show. All I can say is, THANKS to the Man that jumped in for Me. I will give that credit when I place. When I come in third or last, will be fine. Now can I use a staple gun on this?
 

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Joined
Sep 30, 2013
Messages
1,863
Points
0
Location
Albuquerque New Mexico (USA)
I will sit on the sideline and watch the outcome!!!! Aficionado I`m not, definitely not. I suppose I was just lucky with that one.
Ben, You have got to send buddy! Your rolls that You posted are the bomb! I'm watching Willy Nelson, prying the butt mash out of My harmonica looking at the turds I rolled- Thinking- Ben oh Ben, where are You ol Ben????? Now don't make Me get the 12 string out and send You that song...... Send SIR! webmost wants You in! Mad-
 

buck

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2013
Messages
632
Points
63
Location
Vancouver BC Canada
I took another stab at rolling one but it didn't turn out as good as the first one so I'll only include that one for the challenge.
Going in the mail today.

Good luck to everyone.
 

Ben Brand

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
1,169
Points
63
Location
Groblersdal, South Africa
Webmost, still haven't got my sample, maybe some idiot thought it a good idea to steal it.
I wll send my samples after the weekend. I think bigdog and myself should have a handicap system to help us a bit:confused: Pm me your address.
 

webmost

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2013
Messages
1,908
Points
113
Location
Newark DE
Webmost, still haven't got my sample, maybe some idiot thought it a good idea to steal it.
I wll send my samples after the weekend. I think bigdog and myself should have a handicap system to help us a bit:confused: Pm me your address.

Address? What are you talking about my address? It's right on the box, there, Ben. Take a look on the upper left corner.

BWAHAHAHA!

Just kiddin. PMd you my addy. What a debacle. Have not heard a single yip out of Big Dog. He a friend of yours? He still kicking? Wonder if anything got thru to him you know? Hope things sail northwest easier than they flew southeast.

That postage ain't cheap, either, to get no delivery out of it.
 

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
26,535
Points
113
Location
near Blacksburg, VA

Ben Brand

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
1,169
Points
63
Location
Groblersdal, South Africa
I speak to Maddog every now and then on Whatsapp, he`s a long distance lorry driver, don`t know where he stands with the drumstick rolling, will contact him.

Deluxe the British invasion is a sore point here in SA, well was anyway. The only way the Poms could beat us was to burn our farms and emprisson our woman and children. The heaviest defeat the British Royal Marines ever got in its history is from the South African comandos, thats why today the Royal Marines have comandos, Churchill established the comandos after he saw how effective they were.A bit of history
But luckely that`s in the past.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top